Friday, December 12, 2008

The Spirit of the Christmas Season



Here are the kids at our Christmas party last year with Santa!



















The family picture was ours last year that we sent out for our Christmas cards.



I LOVE this time of year! There is just something special in the air, the music, and the feeling I ( as I'm sure many of you have) this time of year! I even got started early and decorated my house 2 weeks before Thanksgiving! I'm so glad I did, and get to enjoy the beautiful Christmas decor a little longer, I dread taking it down one, because of just the task alone, but mainly because my house feels so empty when its gone.

I'm so excited that my family is all getting together this year, the first time for us in 6 years to all be together! And My Grandmother that has decided not to travel anymore, is even coming! Its a Christmas Miracle! lol well in our own special way I suppose! :)

So were heading to Phoenix this year, very un Christmasy ( because of the weather) , but extremely fitting for the Spirit of the Holiday, to be with Family, and of course Remember the birth of our Beloved Savior. And in hopes that we may all feel his love and the special feeling we get this time of year, but that we will also try to keep that will us all year long!

Since my kids are so young, I'm trying to think of unique ways to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas in fun and different traditions. If anyone has any they would like to share, or any ideas that would be great! :)


Well I wanted to post some pictures down Memory lane of our Christmas last year. I'm sure I will post some more pics further back down memory lane when I have more time!

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

You'll get to go the Temple Lights!!!!