Saturday, August 14, 2010

My neice's Baptizm day

Jen and Her beautiful family

My niece, the Oldest grand kid, turned 8 this summer, and my whole family went out to Alabama to be with her on her very special day! It really was such a special day for Taylor of course, but also for all of us! The spirit was so strong, and undeniably present! My Dad gave an awesome talk on receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and gave Taylor her very own snuggie as an example of how the Holy Ghost makes us feel, all warm and fuzzie! My Sister Jessica and I sang the Primary song " He Sent His Son". Jessica's friend wrote and alto part for the song, and it was so pretty! Needless to say we were all in tears! And then she was confirmed and Member and received the gift of the holy ghost, and later told her Mom " Mommy when Daddy's hands were on my head, I felt like crying" Jen proceeded to tell her that was the Holy Ghost giving her that wonderful feeling so that she would know that she was doing the right thing! So neat! I remember that same feeling on the day I was Baptized!


We are so proud of Taylor and the decision she made to be baptized a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"! I know our Heavenly Father is very proud of her too! We love you Tay!




All of my family there to support Taylor.
Dad Mom sister Jess, us of course, My brother Chris holding Owen and My sis Jennifer, and Her Hubby Donnie and there adorable girls! Tay is of course the one in White!

2 comments:

The Foys said...

That's so funny... Sterling and I went to Omaha for his niece's blessing and she's the first to be baptized among the grandkids! I'm so happy to see all your blog posts and what you've been up to!

Kim said...

Holy crap! Jen has an 8 year old?! How time flies...and your little sister Jessica looks all grown up too! What a great looking family...