Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Trip to Minnesota

End of July we packed up and Headed to Minnesota for a camping trip on the lake with Ross's family! We were all very excited to get away, spend a week on the lake, and see Ross's fam! We got up to the lake on Saturday afternoon, and the kids were immediately in the water! Now I say camping... but there were NO tents, just campers, which I have to say was the ONLY way to go when you have little ones! Maybe when the kids are older, I wouldn't mind tents! So we shared a camper with Ross's Mom and Dad, and the other camper had Ross's Sister Beth, Her Hubby Tyler, and Ross's Brother Michael, and his girlfriend Melissa! We stayed at a campground that was right on the lake, and our site was in the front row, right off the lake! Which was very convenient and hard at times as well. The first few days we literally just lounged and swam played games, all that fun stuff you do when your camping! Campfires, smores mmmm, that was the best! And maybe 3 showers all week! haha

One night we had a major wind storm come move in. The middle of the night all of the sudden the camper started shaking like crazy! I swear I thought there was a tornado outside, that is what it felt like anyway! Ross jumped up immediately and went to the back of the camper where his parents were sleeping, and they were already up and outside trying to recover all our stuff, and the awning on the camper! When Ross's Dad opened the door the campers awning just flew right off the camper broke off and landed in a tree behind us! Luckily it did, and didn't hit another camper! I was inside praying my little heart out trying to keep my kids asleep! Braeden didn't move the whole time, I cant believe he didn't wake up! It was soooo loud in that camper! Reece woke up and I grabbed her out of her pack n play, and put her in bed with me and got her back to sleep! I'm telling you it lasted like what seemed like forever, but was maybe 30 min? But everyone was out trying to recover our stuff and fix broken things for like an hour and a half! It really was one of the scariest times ever! I'm sure it sounded a lot worse in a camper but I think the winds were up to like 60 mph! And In a camper, in the front row, where your right off the lake and nothing was there to slow those winds down, and we definitely got the brunt of that storm! It really was pretty crazy!

We had a great time one day and spent the whole day on the boat! The kids had tons of fun, especially Braeden. Now Reece had fun, but she wasn't sleeping well, well none of us were for that matter, and she was out of sorts pretty much the whole time. Everything was the end of the world! I think she threw more fits that week then Ive EVER seen! That was a little wearing on my nerves, and on top of not getting sleep, by the end of the week we were ready to be done! We really did have a great time though its hard with little ones no matter where you go, once your out of your routine its bound to happen!

Now were getting ready to head to Az. in September, and looking back at our camping trip, its stressing me out a little, And after the last few weeks Ive had im a little nervous!! haha Well Those are the sacrifices you make to see family! And they are always worth it!!

No comments: