Thursday, September 25, 2008

I can sew!

Ok so most if not all of you will think this is totally pathetic! But I have to say Im VERY proud of my self! haha Ok so Reece is in Preschool one day a week, and she needed a nap mat. Well I just found this out on Tuesday so I had very short notice. If any of you have ever bought them, well they are very pricy. So I thought well maybe I can do that myself? I have a sewing machine, and I have used it many times mostly for blanket ( which arent even that great). So to say the least Im scared of it, and not very good! Ive had fabric to make curtins for Reece's room for like over a year, so that tells you something! lol

Anyway I went out last night, got the stuff I needed thanks to the friendly help of a lady who works for Hancok, she even cut and layed out the fabric excatly how I would need to do sew it! Fabulous! If only they had a machine there, I would have paid extra to have her do it for me! haha. Well, no, I actually want to get better so this actually was easy, once I got started. And I thought it turned out pretty cute.... so I had to post some pics of my new accomplishment! :) I know Im a dork!



PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Stormi said...

Excellent job!

Mrs. Morty said...

Looks great to me, cute fabric:)

K Bailey said...

Cute cute.......and love the new blog header. I've been wanting to change mine for awhile now...but you know how it goes....it always seems to be a big mess when you start changing it! Did you sign up to sew pumpkins since you're in the "sewing" mood?